He was of the major speaker this year at Web Summit and maybe the leading one for more Social Good in Tech… and also a more balanced Tech economy. Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, has launched the 2019 EU Prize for Women Innovators at the Web Summit in Lisbon along with Věra Jourová, Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality.
EU Prize for Women Innovators : why and what is it ?Because women are underrepresented in terms of creating innovative enterprises. This is untapped potential for Europe, which needs to optimise all available resources to remain competitive and find solutions to our societal challenges.This award recognises the role of women in bringing about game-changing innovations to market and honours the outstanding achievements of female entrepreneurs running innovative companies.
The EU Prize for Women Innovators is a cash prize awarded every year to European women from across the EU and countries associated to Horizon 2020, who founded a successful company and brought an innovation to market.
- 3 prizes of €100,000 each
- Rising Innovator (35 or younger): €50,000
The award also recognises a number of finalists specially acknowledged for their outstanding record as women entrepreneurs and innovators.
The prize will be awarded to up to 4 women innovators in total, who have had the largest impact on the innovation ecosystem by transforming ideas into new and advanced products and/ services for the benefit of European citizens.
- breakthrough innovation – the company funded / co-funded by the contestant provides a cutting edge product or service
- impact – the cutting edge product or service brings major benefits to citizens and society and the economy
- inspiration – the contestant has shown active leadership, her role has influenced the success of the company and has the potential to inspire others
Applications are judged by a panel of independent experts from across Europe.
How to apply before Jaunary 16, 2019
Participants can apply for the contest online BEFORE JANUARY 16, 2019. The full details are explained in the following documents.